This is my Butterfly quilt top. As soon as I had it all smoothed out on the floor the dogs walked in the room and walked on it. Since we were about to leave I hurriedly took a photo. The wrinkles aren’t really in the top. You can see how the left panel doesn’t really line up all the way. It’s ok though. I like the way everything turned out and I really like the fabrics I chose for it. They are interesting looking marbled Moda fabrics. Still not sure if I’m going to quilt it myself or take it to a long arm quilter.
These are the English Paper Pieced flowers I was able to get done. Mostly I thread basted fabric to hexagons creating the “petals”. I did sew one flower completely together and was working on the next one before we left the cruise. You can see the needle on the one I’m working on. I really like the way they look crisp and uniform with the die-cut templates.
These are the first attempts I made using hand-cut templates with freezer paper.
Now that they are all sewn together I’m going to quilt them at some point into small vase mats or something.
I went remnant bin diving again! I said I wouldn’t but I did anyway. My black and white fabric collection is growing! I see a black and white and red quilt in my future at some point.
Lastly I show you the scraps that were sent to me by my partners from the Sew Sara Scrap Swap. I believe I got more back than what I sent out. I got some great stuff!