Things I’ve been working on:
- Cutting fabric and starting blocks for two new lap quilts. Cutting layer cake blocks is very time consuming….
- Put the binding on my Secret Sunbonnet Sue project and labeled it. Not thrilled with how my label turned out. I believe I’ll be doing something different next time.
- Slowly adding flowers to my box of Grandmothers Flower Garden hexagons. It sits on the table beside the couch in the box and I work on them while I watch TV. I’ve had an idea to create a small sewing jar that will fit inside my purse so I can carry some with me on the go instead of my medium sized tote box.
- Tested out the Martelli “No Slip” Gripper Hoop. I’m happy with the results!
- Read some new magazines! Pattern I want to do in the near future from fellow blogger and podcaster, Sandi Cowell was published in Quick Quilts. It is a cute table topper.
- Took a trip to Downtown Disney and did some resort hopping
- Playing Portal 2 the computer game on occasion
- Went to the May Guild Meeting. Found out Bonnie Hunter is coming next month to another guild and I’ve signed up to go to one of her workshops.
- Caught up with some quilters podcasts including: Quilting Daydreams, Within a Quarter Inch, Quilted Cupcake, and Quilting for the Rest of Us
Photos from Guild Meeting