I haven’t been podcasting because I’ve been sewing a good deal lately working away on the lap quilt commissions. Took a few days break before jumping into the next set of tops I need to cut fabric for and piece.
|One of the Jelly Roll blocks – lots of pieces! Had to make
five of these and four of a different kind.
- Delectable Delights Jelly Roll Mystery Quilt – I pulled this out of the closet on Sunday and decided to see if I could work on it a bit. I was able to get several blocks done and some other sections completed. Now I only have 3 more blocks to finish before I can piece the main part of the top together. Boy can I tell how inaccurate my cutting was back when I took this class. It’ll look good from far away but definitely isn’t anywhere near perfection. I’m kind of cringing at the thought of putting everything together because I know my blocks won’t be coming out to size. Oh well. Adding borders and quilting will hopefully distract away from my inaccurate piecing.
- Corded Fabric Bowl - I’ve been wanting to do an all-white bowl with colored thread for a while now since I had a ton of white strips to use up. I sat down and did it finally and added colored handles. Adding the handles was interesting since I had to hand-sew them on with a big needle. Turned out cute though and I can’t wait to use it for binding clips in my studio.
- Learn how to miter a quilt border
- Research and discuss thread
- Find a local shop that will rent a longarm to me and talk about that