Home » Projects » Finishes » The Modern Garden Revealed

The Modern Garden Revealed

The Modern Garden Quilt

I put the finishing touches on The Modern Garden quilt today.  It is my guild challenge quilt that I’m entering into this years contest.  We were provided two ugly fabrics and allowed to use six other fabrics for the top.  

Dimensions had to be within 80-100 inches all around.  Mine measured in at 98 inches and will probably shrink a bit once it is washed so I squeaked by.  It is all machine applique, machine quilted and my own design. The theme was “The Birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees”.  I managed to get two of the four worked in there so that’s good.  Overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
It will be auctioned off Nov. 2012 at our quilt show and all proceeds benefit the quilt guild. 

I found working within the dimensions difficult and hard to plan for.  I had to work out my design on graph paper so I could see how big each piece needed to be and then plan my flower pieces accordingly.  Some of this was cut out using my AccuQuilt Go! machine (the butterfly and bee shape) and the rest was used with either traceable templates or hand sketched onto fusible web.

The Modern Garden Quilt

The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
The Modern Garden Quilt
Tags :
Previous post link
Next post link
Scroll To Top