I’ve got a few deadlines I need to meet and can’t really record while I’m doing applique unfortunately (someone invent a way to podcast and sew at the same time please). My challenge quilt for my guild is due in less than 4 weeks and I’ve got lots of work left to do on it. So much stitching to be done before I can baste and quilt it. I do plan on doing a fair amount of quilting in the background and on the borders too.
Nothing has been applique stitched yet, I’ve just fused it to the background. Wednesday I plan to start stitching things down. I think I’ve hidden the “ugly” challenge fabrics we were provided fairly well. I’m going to do some detail stitching on the baskets to hide that busy pattern better but the other fabric worked well as leaves on the vines and flower stems.
All the quilting will be done in white thread except in the black inner border.
For a completely improvised project I think it is coming together pretty nicely. I’ll be interested to see if anyone buys it next year when it goes up for auction.