I just finished packaging everything up for my final swaps for this year. One of the swaps was easy, just some 2.5″ Jelly roll strips to mail out (already had lots cut so just had to pick and choose colors) but the other one required some work.
Two UFOs Transformed
November 9, 2011 by
I just transformed them into some mug rugs! You can see the front and the back here:
Remind me to never do a hexagonal binding again please. I didn’t even think about the difficulty of that before quilting the hexagons! It was hard to get those mitered corners.
The quilting was a circular feather motif that I had a template for. I added an outline to the inside and outside of the feathers to fill in some empty space. I think it turned out ok and I liked the brown/pink floral print fabric I used for the back. Glad to have two UFOs to be gone from my studio and on their way to new homes!