Yesterday I finally got around to making my new pressing surface on my ironing board. The materials cost about $20 (mostly consisting of the fabric and the board) and it took me approximately 20 minutes or so to put together.
I used the Sharon Schamber method:
And I’m very pleased with how it turned out!
On the underside I nailed two square dowels so that it won’t shift back and forth as I’m pressing. It didn’t take long to staple to the board – I was able to use my cutting table to hold the board so I didn’t have to do it on the floor. In Sharon’s video she said she has one folding table completely covered in this pressing surface so she can do borders and things! I think this will work for a while. If it gets dirty I’ll just recover it with new canvas.
I also finished my shop sample for my class that I’m teaching in February. I like the way this one turned out and I think the fabrics are really cute. It seemed to go together much easier than the first one.
Tonight we’re having friends over to celebrate the new year. The doggies will get their Xanax around 9PM and hopefully they will be happy in their crates safe from the sound of fireworks.