For the Orca Bay Mystery Quilt Part 3 – I was able to get 360 HST done yesterday! The foundation paper piecing method worked really well and I’m pleased with my units. I got extras just in case a few don’t “measure up”. All I have left to do is clip the dog ears off which will happen this week as I’m watching TV.
Right now they all fit neatly in my little fabric bowl that I made. I’m ending up with lots of fabrics being used that have musical notes on them so I’m considering the quilt name right now of “Whale Song” or “Orca Bay Whale Song”. Something musical anyway. I’m sure my idea will change once we see the blocks we will be working with but at least I’m thinking about it now.
This has really depleted my stash of creams, neutrals and black scrappy fabrics.
I had a lot of sewing help over the weekend from the corgis too! My dad called this the “corgi mine field”.