I fit in about an hour of sewing time last night and stitched out some of my new designs! The test stitch out went so well I started embroidering my blocks.
Here is my Labradoodle test stitch:
I loved how my digitizer made the coat curly! This was a tricky one and I wasn’t sure how she was going to do it. I loved how it turned out! He stitched out perfectly. She has been such a joy to work with through this whole process. If you need custom digitizing I highly recommend Whitney @ That’s SEW Grammie!I picked out the blocks that I wanted to do applique in the middle of and ironed them so a crease would be in the middle and I could center the design easily. I got two labradoodles and a chihuahua done before I went to bed. Pretty good work for a little over an hour!
I have 14 blocks to put applique on and then I can start assembling the top. Still don’t have a border fabric picked out yet. I want to look at the top all together before I settle on one.
While these stitch out on the embroidery machine I’m sewing together my half-square triangle leftover units on the Singer 201-2. Not sure how much I’m going to get done this weekend but I’m hoping to get some time in tomorrow morning and Sunday afternoon.
Tomorrow is the last day to enter the Bali Pop Giveaway! I’m going to have a fantastic podcast episode answering everyones questions – some of you asked some real doozies!