Tools you will need:
- Background fabric square. Mine is 10.5″ but you can make it larger or smaller depending on your preference.
- Corner squares – I used 5″ charms since I had a bunch to use up but if you want something smaller I think a 2.5″ or 3″ square would work well with a block this size and give yo the “snowball” effect.
- Rotary cutter
- Add-a-quarter ruler – I found that this sped up my trimming process a lot!
- Index card or a card from a magazine
- Marking pens for both light and dark fabrics – I used a Pilot Frixion pen for my light fabrics and a water soluable chalk pencil for my darks and batiks. Pilot Frixion pens mark fabric well and disappear with the heat of an iron. See my post where I test it on video!
Now once you trim your corners on the back of your block you are going to end up with a stack of bonus triangles! Here are some ideas for those.