Home » Projects » Pieced » WIP Wednesday – July catchup

WIP Wednesday – July catchup

I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire but I’m getting to the bottom of the hole I think.

Huge thank you to Kati for sending me the lovely peach batik to make my fabric flower! I had no peach in my stash at all and nothing matched the show ribbon I needed to make a flower for.  Kati to the rescue with this perfect fabric! I love how it turned out.  I have three ribbons left to make flowers for.

Fabric flower

Lovely peach flower for the peach show ribbon. This will be “best hand quilting – judges choice” for our November quilt show

I finally got all my string blocks into the mail for the July string swap. I’m starting to receive some back! I’ve gotten 8 blocks back so far. Here are four of them. I love seeing all of them together! It should make a nice quilt.

Swap blocks received in string block swap

I’m starting to receive swap blocks from the string swap! I love these.

I pulled out my Origins jelly roll quilt using the Kimberly Einmo “Spring Fling” pattern and sewed on the last row. I squared up the edges last night to prep it for borders.Origins by Basic Grey - quilt unnamed right now. waiting on border

Finally have the main part of the top complete. Just need to sew up borders and stitch them on. Going to do a triple border I think.

I had to search for about half an hour trying to find out where I put all my Origins fabric. I know at one point I gathered all of it up and stuck it somewhere. I finally found it after nearly giving up. It was on my bookshelf in a deep ceramic bowl. All this fabric should make a nice border for two Origins quilts that I need to finish! One is a jelly roll race and the other is the Spring Fling that I haven’t named yet.

Future Border for two Origins by Basic Grey quilts

All my Origins by Basic Grey yardage and jelly roll leftovers! Should make a great border for two quilts I need to do.

While searching for the missing Origins fabric I located my Clover iron that I’ve been trying to find for months now.

Missing Clover Iron Located

While searching for my Origins fabric that walked off I happened across my Clover iron that’s been missing for several months. It was in a workshop box for a workshop I took way back in April!

Some sad news now, poor Bernie had to go to the vet yesterday. I thought she had a hotspot since she’s had a few this year and I saw a raw area on her behind. The vet spoke to me yesterday afternoon when I went to pick her up and explained she’d ruptured an anal gland! I didn’t even know she’d been having issues and there wasn’t any weird smell. They fixed her up and now I have to put ointment on her twice a day. She also gets pills twice a day too. It’s always an adventure trying to put topical ointment on a dog that hates to be handled. I came up with a workaround though. I empty her antibiotic capsule into a spoonful of peanut butter and hold that out while I rub the ointment on with a cotton ball. Keeps her too busy to bite me and everyone leaves with all their appendages intact.

She does have to stay in the cone for 2-3 weeks. And get monthly anal gland extraction.

Corgi Cone

She doesn’t know she has to stay in the cone for three weeks yet.

Tags :
Previous post link
Next post link
Scroll To Top