Last night I reached the end of my rope.
I tried to test out the embroidery portion to see if the tension was ok there. It wasn’t. Nothing I did worked. I tried 4 different hoopings to see if I could get it to work. Tried three different threads. Played with the tension. Nope. It either shredded the thread, nested underneath, or the tension was so off you couldn’t see ANY of the bobbin thread on the bottom of the project.
For those of you that don’t do machine embroidery I’ll try to explain what’s happening in the photo captions.
I pulled off the embroidery arm and tried just regular sewing with it since that was working previously. Well, it’s not working any longer. Tension problems while sewing too and I couldn’t get it to work even adjusting the tension.
So my machine is definitely going back to the dealer on Saturday and I’m going to tell them to keep it until it is working properly. I’m going to have to re-think several Christmas gifts this year.
After this happened I tried to make a flying geese unit using a new method and when I went to iron my piece I had the wrong side of the fabric for the big part. I turned off everything and stopped sewing for the night at that point.