Yesterday after the podcast I thought I’d get the bright idea to do some embroidery while I was sewing my easy street blocks. I pulled out a towel to do a damask design on.
Tension problems again.
My thread was in the tension discs, it was in the uptake lever, I turned it all the way up to 7.0 and it still didn’t have any top thread tension.
Took the unit off to see if it would even sew normally and nope, no tension there either. So I was fed up. I called my dealer to complain about the service last week and luckily the manager was working yesterday. She told me to bring my machine in so we could sew on it together.
I brought it in and showed her what it was doing. It replicated the issue in the store so she could see the problem. She tried fiddling with the bobbin case tension and eventually just replaced the bobbin case which fixed the sewing issue while I was there. We tried machine embroidery and it worked off and on. The bad tension problem did replicate itself one time while we stitched out a design but rethreading fixed it.
I told her I’d try it over the next week and see how it did. If it continued to fail I’d bring it back on Saturday with the embroidery attachment for fixing. I got home last night to try and salvage the towel. The embroidery on the towel totally failed so I had to toss the towel into the rag bin. I’m going to try regular embroidery tonight and see if I can’t get that to have proper tension.
Needless to say, after all that running around I didn’t have time to cut any fabric for Easy Street so I just worked on Orca Bay some more and an old UFO that I pulled out, my Moda Origins pinwheel blocks.
Here’s the Google Hangout recording from last night! The first hour I’m sewing by myself and answering folks questions on Twitter and Facebook. Then some other people start joining in for two more hours of fun. 🙂