The poor Iris quilt has been waiting for a binding for several weeks now so yesterday I sat down and made the binding for it finally. I decided to just attach it all by machine since this isn’t a show quilt and I mostly made it as a larger sample showing the possibilities of the technique. It’s a lovely piece though and I look forward to finding a place to showcase it in my home.
This pattern can be found in the book Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box
Quilting Detail: I did a simple crosshatching for the background to give it sort of an old world feel. It was quilted after all of the applique pieces were fused and sewn down. I used two colors of Aurifil thread to quilt the top. The Green background area (crosshatching) was done using Aurifil 50 wt Mako #2882 and the dark batik border was quilted with a brown Aurifil 50 wt Mako #2360. The brown really blended in nicely and you can barely tell it’s there at all. I stipple quilted the border. All of the applique pieces were stitched down using Aurifil monofiliment thread.