Quilt Finish! Nostalgia is done…

I can finally post this since my mom received her package today! I finished quilting Nostalgia last week and put the binding/label on her on Sunday. The quilting wasn’t very fancy but the fabric has kind of an old timey feel so I think it fits.

Nostalgia Quilt finish

Nostalgia Quilt finish

Nostalgia Quilt finish

Nostalgia Quilt finish

Nostalgia Quilt finish

The quilt always sort of felt like it was meant for her. It has way too much white fabric to go in my house!

I think the hardest part of this pattern was squaring up the blocks. I did enjoy doing the strip piecing though. It was nice to get a few honeybuns out of my stash! I used the Summer in the Park for Honeybuns pattern (free) by Missouri Star Quilt Co. It’s a fun, quick pattern if you’re looking for something that comes out on point.

I quilted it using Aurifil 2021 50wt cotton mako thread. Inside the strip areas I just meandered. The white areas were marked using a Thirstystone coaster to try and have sort of a “curve”. My label was machine embroidered using a fun variegated thread – Aurifil 4250 50 wt.

Untitled

Comments

1. It turned out perfect! I’m glag She loves it, what a Mother’s Day surprise!!

2. It’s fantastic. And from hearing you and her talk about your fabric preferences, it seems to rather suit her fabric style. On top of that, you are EARLY! Going to give the rest of us daughters a lot to live up to. I don’t even have to ask if she loves it. I KNOW she does.

3. I love how it turned out, I am sure she is thrilled.

4. Chelsea says:

It’s beautiful Katie!

5. I was TOTALLY surprised! Come to find out Katie and her dad had this secret between them – the Mother’s Day 2013 quilt.
    I love it! Thank you so much for the quilt Katie! Two years in a row – you are spoiling me! I love you so very much.
    It’s time you make a big quilt for yourself.
    HUGS!!!

6. Katie it is beautiful….I know you mom will treasure it!!

7. Barb Smirh says:

It is beautiful. Of course she loves it. Maybe you can do another mom interview about it (and other stuff too.)

8. Jenny Faasavalu says:

It’s beautiful Katie!!! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

9. LOL! Another mom interview…what would we talk about? I guess my cooking.

10. Katie, this is fabulous! It does have an antique feel. Timeless:) your mom will love it for sure.

11. Melanie J says:

I agree with everyone above. It’s beautiful! Love your podcast too.

12. Katie — this quilt is gorgeous!!! Love it and I’m sure your Mom will, too! The Aurifil threads you chose are just perfect! You did such a fantastic job!

13. Patricia Redmon says:

Katie:
    I love the quilt! It does have a classic look. What a special gift.
    I don’t want to hear about gifts that arrive early because I have projects that lying on the table that are months late.
    Love you and I’m so glad that you’re a quilter. Aunt Tricia

14. I love this quilt so much! Definitely on my “to do” list, but don’t think I’ll be giving mine away.

What a wonderful Mother’s Day surprise!

15. Katie, it’s a gorgeous quilt. Just a wonderful tribute to your Mom on Mother’s Day. I read her comment so I know she loves it! Well done! Happy Mothers Day!!

16. This turned out beautifully Katie 🙂 Great job!

17. I would love to get the pattern for this quilt. Can you tell me where to find it? It is beautiful

18. Donna Hill says:

This turned out beautifully – you should be very proud – no, your mother should be very proud!!!
    Happy Mother’s Day to your Mom from all your podcast listeners.

19. Congratulations on your finish. It looks great and your mom will love it.