Lots of updates in this post! I can see the end nearing of my big quilting studio move finally.
New Pegboards Installed
I work best under deadlines. Since the A/C guy has to have lots of stuff moved around the garage it forced me to finish my painting projects. I got the dresser finished and moved out and the pegboards were done on Monday. I managed to hang them by myself. If you want to get the details on my hardware and pegboard choices you can read this previous post. The new pegboards were painted using the same paint used on my dresser refurb. It took two coats. I removed all the thread and rulers from my old pegboard and stuffed them into a small rolling cart.
The corgis took a break.
I grouped thread by color again on my ironing board so I could start putting it on my pegboard.
I moved the hooks around so I could organize my rulers how I wanted. I’m short so I wanted the stuff I use a lot near the bottom.
Over at my cutting table I needed a few hooks to hold my rotary cutter and scissors since I use them a lot and didn’t want them cluttering the cutting table top all the time. I found these hooks at JoAnns and they worked great.
New Scrappy Project – Pineapple Crazy
This is a paper pieced project I’ve wanted to start for a while. I have a bin full of strings beginning to be used. Last night I printed off a copy of the pattern and started piecing. This is a design from Bonnie Hunter’s book String Fling and it caught my eye from the very beginning. It uses lots of teeny tiny pieces and strings. I forget how many of these blocks I need to make (over 100 I believe) but I’m not in a rush. This will be a fun project for nights when I don’t feel like working on anything else and just want something scrappy and fun to play with.
This is just the top of my string bin. Lots of variety to work with!
Picture of Bonnie’s finished Pineapple Crazy quilt from her book String Fling.
I think one block took me about an hour to do. Each one has 45 pieces of fabric in it.
Also on the design wall….
My tumbler quilt is being sewn into rows. I’m adding a bit to each end making it wider. I also have two more charm packs I may or may not use as a border. I’m thinking I might just cut them into tumblers and make it bigger so I don’t have to put a border on the quilt. If so, that’ll be more piecing. Not in a rush on this one though.