This was an undertaking that I’m not sure I’ll ever do again. At least with the handles that I chose. I think it turned out nice but those handles were a pain in the you-know-what. I’ve never tried installing cabinet handles before and these didn’t come with a handy screw template so I had to kind of make my own. They look pretty good despite my difficulties. I had to even trim the screws to custom lengths for the top drawer since the ones packed with the handles weren’t long enough. Imagine me with a hacksaw and needle nose pliers cursing away at a poor tiny screw.
This was my childhood dresser that my parents bought me when I was a little girl. It also has a mirror but I took that off. This was a project I intended to do four years ago when we first moved into our house. Took me long enough!
I removed the knobs and primed the surface.
The paint color I chose was called “lemon”. I don’t know why but I really love yellow furniture. I thought it would coordinate well with the teal green wall paint in my sewing room. My pegboards are also painted in the came color. It’s very cheerful!
Two coats of paint, some touchup spackle (my hacksaw cut into the drawer while I was trying to trim screws) and more touchup paint, lots of cursing and successful handle placement later we have a great finished dresser that will now be my TV stand!
That bookshelf has been moved out so the dresser can dominate the entire corner and be admired. I’m not sure what sorts of goodies I’ll be storing in the drawers – who knows! All that’s left are my pegboards to put up on my wall and I’ll be done with my big move.