I’m pretty sure this is some kind of world record. I work best under deadlines and this is proof. Three quilts finished this week! I’ll start with the big one.
The Summer House Lone Star quilt turned out fantastic. I bound it using the lime green coordinating solid. It’s hand bound to the back. Still no label since I don’t have a proper name for it. Measures 66 x 66 finished. I’m really looking forward to teaching the class and seeing what fabrics all my students pick! My lone star is now off my quilty bucket list. On to something new!
I redid my beginner melt and blend sampler with proper borders. I think this one represents the class much better. Pleased with how this one turned out. Aurifil monofiliment was used to do all the applique stitching. 50 wt. cotton mako for the white quilting inside the background area.
And this is my pride and joy. My advanced melt and blend sample is complete! The templates are all my own as are the colors and design. This quilt took lots of trial and error with coloring techniques for small spaces. Once I finally figured out how to do it I was so pleased with the result. Aurifil monofiliment again for the applique stitches.
I love the Aurifil thread I chose to quilt it with. Turned out beautiful! I used a 40 wt variegated blue for the water and a 50 wt beige for the sand.
My short and quick class is on this TV Tray Pressing Board. I recovered mine with this fun chevron fabric. Really makes it pop!