Small Project Updates

Sorry I’ve been AWOL – going through some personal stuff right now and I haven’t been in a good place to blog or podcast.  I’m not sure when that will change  so I appreciate any support you can give in the meantime. I finally felt like doing some quilting earlier this week and I got a few things done and made progress on others.

Untitled

Untitled

I love the progress I’ve made on my ticker tape blocks. Two more and I’ll have 9 blocks to sew together for the top. I think it is going to be a fun class to teach.

Untitled

Tinkerbell got a binding! It took me several days to decide what binding fabric to use. I like the one I settled on a lot. I think it fits the quilt. Not my best binding job (I was on pain killers at the time after having a surgical procedure) but it’s good enough to hang on my wall.

Untitled

Sleepy Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Byron has been my little cuddle buddy this week. He’s such a sweetie.

Comments

1. Darlene Gerber says:

Katie, I hope you feel better real soon!

2. Diane Rincon says:

I hope things improve, Katie. It’s good you feel like doing something. It seems like your ticker tape quilt could tell a story, with images like the tv and eyeglasses. Your Tinkerbelle binding is a perfect choice. Take care.

3. Katie, I hope whatever you are going through right now takes a turn for the better very soon. I’m going through some stuff right now too. Take your time.

Your tinkerbell quilt is beautiful! Very colorful and cheery.

4. Tink looks awesome! Perfect binding choice! I hope the personal stuff miraculously improves so you can relax and create contentedly!

5. I’m so sorry you are in a sad place right now, my sincerest wish is for you to bounce back to the happy person we all know through your blog and podcasts. How lovely to have a warm and furry huggie beside you for company and comfort. Best Wishes Katie.

6. Wishing you a speedy recovery! You bring so much to your followers, not only regarding quilting but so much more! Rest up……your quilting and design work (and computer skills) are amazing and inspirational! Take care….thoughts and prayers are with you! Stay strong!

7. Katie, I’m sending prayers and hugs and wish you peace.

8. Love the tinkerbell, love the new art blocks too! Sorry you are having a bad time right now. Look at Byron……it just want to reach out and give him a squeeze and a snoot shake!

9. Sandi Colwell says:

Tinker bell looks great! Love the binding! Get some rest and feel better soon.

10. Hey Katie, I love the Tinkerbell quilt! The fabric you chose to bind it with is perfection – and you are getting mad free-motion skills girl! The ticker tapes are looking awesome, I’ve wanted to make one myself for a while – I should really do it. I also love the look and feel of your blog, I wish I had used this theme!! Maybe I should just take the time it needs to make mine look good.. sigh… but most of all – I hope that whatever it is that has your mojo down low goes away quickly! but you know we will all wait patiently. (foot tapping, arms crossed…) ha!

11. Betty Rhoads says:

I am wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery. I love the spotted fabric that you used for the binding. I really missed your posts…..they inspire me to do new things. Take care…..Peace and Love.

12. Tinkerbell looks nice, especially the quilting. And Byron is the best!

13. Nice work, beautiful

14. Marye Albritton says:

Girl…….it seems so many are going through a lot. I finally put a tree up though I’ve canceled Christmas. I’ll be working and I don’t know……just don’t care much. At any rate, I hope we can all pull ourselves up. Glad you are doing some sewing. It always seems to help me. Hang in there and let me know if you need to talk, yell, or whatever.

15. Love the Ticker Tape blocks. The way you put the colors together is wonderful.

16. Sorry you’re going through it. I’ll be hoping and praying your balance is restored soon and you’re able to find joy. I love Tink and the ticker tape blocks…great design and colors! And the quilting in Tink is fantastic!

17. you are such a strong vibrant woman, I am sure you will come through whatever is troubling you just fine – how could you not with the help of such a cutie snuggly buddy 🙂

the ticker tape is a fun way to use all those cool fabrics that we all collect, the modern style is not my thing but this just might sway me over to “the other side”

glad to see you are getting some sewing therapy in 🙂

18. I really like the binding you chose, it’s so colorful and cheery for that quilt! And the quilting looks fantastic on it, I really love the texture that shows on the close-up shot. Your ticker tape blocks look so wonderful together, it does look like a fun thing to make. You’ll have fun teaching it for sure! Wish I could be there to help you through all the stuff that’s going on, feel better and try to occupy your mind! Warm hugs to you, and I miss your voice a lot!

19. I hadn’t heard you podcast in a while, so I came to your blog to check up on you. Sorry you are having a hard time now. Hope things get better for you!

20. Shelly Beth Grappe says:

Your newest projects look great. Prayers for you coming from the coast of Texas. Take care of yourself and give you a big hug from me. Shelly Beth