I haven’t been doing a lot of sewing the past few weeks. I’m slowly getting back into the groove of things though. I did a bit of experimentation with some Pigma Paintstiks on fabric. That was interesting to play around with. The bottom of the feather I drew directly onto the fabric with the Paintstiks and towards the top I put the paint onto a stencil brush and brushed it on. I like the look at the top better – it almost looks airbrushed on.
The corgis are enjoying the new couch.
I’ve decided to start a new quilt this year. I’m participating with the Reddit Quilters group and will be working on the Super Mario Bros Quilt Along with them.
I’m using my Accuquilt Go! to cut a bunch of 1.5″ strips of fabric from all my solids. I’m going to be doing my blocks using QuiltSmart 1.5″ Grid Interfacing. I think it’ll make them go together so quickly and precisely. I may do a tutorial on it since I haven’t seen one yet. Lots more fabric to cut before I sit down and start putting blocks together though.