I’ve been working on the HST units leftover from the snowball block quilt (see tutorial here). Each block was trimmed down to 4″ square. Since I’m going pretty scrappy with this and not planning based on value or color it’s coming together quickly. My progress as of last night: Three more rows on the right and I’ll be done with the main part! Hoping it’ll be ready for borders tonight. And here is my design plan that I drew up in EQ7: I’m not completely set on the borders yet. I’ll probably do one small inner border and a large outer border. I don’t want to overthink it. I’m naming this one “Leftovers”.
After a long day of driving back and forth from Easter lunch on Sunday I got home and vegged out on the couch watching some movies and stuff while trimming away at my snowball block leftovers. When all was said and done I ended up with 166 HST units! Two units did not “make the cut”, may they rest in pieces. I played with a few layouts in EQ7 – still not sure what border I’m going to put on it. I tried two different things.